Open Home, World War II re-enactment, and automobile & plane museum at Collings Structure, Stow MA
< img alt=" the avengers" src=" http://blog.filmfangear.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/4004148670_0a0cff6e6a.jpg" width=" 400"/ > Image by< a href= " http://www.flickr.com/photos/9161595@N03/4004148670" > Chris Devers Pasting from the website of the < a href=”
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_battle2009.htm” rel=” nofollow “> Collings Foundation:.
The Collings Structure Hosts:.
Fight for the Airfield. WWII Reenactment and Living History Weekend.
October 10th and 11th.
… An undercover French Resistance Fighter met with the Allied Forces and revealed the precise coordinates of the German encampment. The night before an elite German force over took a little lawn airstrip simply a few hundred feet away. The Allied Forces had to get control of this airfield so they might fly in much-needed supplies. – It was going to be a tough fight.
How will the battle end? Will the Allied soldiers be able to get control of the airfield and further their advancement? You will have to be here to learn. The Collings Foundation will host a Living History event you will always remember. You will be able to see original devices from WWII in action. Everything from the cooking utensils to M1 rifles is original. The only event of this type – on the planet.– Do not miss it!
October 10th and 11th.
Open Daily: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Entry Fee: Grownups/ Children.
This is a public event and reservations are not required.
Two reenactments per day: 11:00 AM and 3:30 PM.
Display will include:.
* Aircraft: TBM Avenger, Wright “” Vin Fiz” “reproduction, 1909 Bleriot, Fokker DR-I reproduction, PT-17 Stearman, Cessna UC-78 Bobcat, North American AT-6 Texan, Fiesler Fi-156 Storch, and many more!
* Autos: Entire Collings Foundation collection – see list for information.
* Collings Structure Gift Shop.
* Vetran’s Roundtable Conversation: Hear remarkable stories from WWII Veterans about thier experiences during the war. 1:00 PM on hangar flooring – both 10/10 and 10/11.
* PT-17 Stearman Rides – Limited Accessibility.
* 0 for 1/2 Hour.
* Call 978-562-9182 for appointments.
* See PT-17 Information here.
* T-6 Texan Rides – Limited Schedule.
* 0 for 45 minutes.
* Call 978-562-9182 for bookings.
* The WWII Fight reenactment will occur two times each day on the lawn landing strip in front of the garage. It will happen at 11 AM and 3:30 PM.
* There will be suprises each fight!
* The Collings Structure premises are really good and make an excellent setting for such an occasion. Getting here is challenging! Click on the link above for instructions.
* The Fiesler FI-156 Storch has an unbelievable history throughout WWII. This airplane is well known for its adaptability and easy flying characteristics. The airplane that conserved Mussolini! (temporarily). We will be flying as part of the battle reenactment.
* Our M-16 Half-Track has been beautifully brought back. The quad install 50cal gatling gun completely rotate. The M-16 will be participating in the WWII fight reenactments.
* The German 88mm flak cannon was feared by all airmen. Among the very first weapons to have “” pre-programmed” ammo. This cannon will also be a part of the battle reenactments. * For a” birds eye” view of the event – “we will be offering PT-17 Stearman and T-6 Texan flights. Flying in these airplane is a great deal of fun! Call to schedule your flight: 800-568-8924. * Post-war German resourcefulness. A Messerschmitt minicar! On screen courtesy of the Gould Foundation collection. * It will be the Allied vs. the Axis in an extremely memorable battle re-enactment! This living history perfomance will mesmerize and inform. It will occur every day at 11 AM and 3:30 PM. The Purple Scar cover Image by< a href=" http://www.flickr.com/photos/27498787@N04/15541626835" >
Michael Vance1 A HALLOWEEN PULP REWARD. Airship 27 Productions locks all the doors and dims the lights as it prepares a delightfully twisted Halloween reading treat for pulp fans all over reviving a truly unusual character. From the pages of the classic pulps comes the most frightening avenger of them all, the Purple Scar! The good-looking, debonair Dr. Miles Murdoch was a world well-known plastic surgeon. His life was the stuff of dreams up until all of it
turned into a heart-wrenching problem. Murdoch’s brother, a devoted policeman, is extremely assassinated while on patrol. Prior to discarding his body into the river, his murderers put acid over his face as a last act of contempt. When the body washes ashore days later, Officer Murdoch’s face is beyond acknowledgment, a scarred, purple visage unlike any horror ever envisioned. It is the sight of this death grimace that changes Miles Murdoch into an avenging angel. Swearing to bring justice to those responsible, the proficient cosmetic surgeon molds a pliable rubber mask from that repulsive, mutilated face; a mask he puts on to become the Purple Scar, the scourge of scoundrels and bad guys all over. He has ended up being the physical personification of their worst worries gave fiendish life. “The very first time I learned of this character, I was astonished by the horror elements, “admits Airship 27 Production’s Managing Editor, Ron Fortier. “There have actually been other grim pulp avenger, but none can compare the Purple Scar. This man is simply straight-out frightening as hell. Which is simply the slant we wanted our authors to take. “. Airship 27 now presents 4 brand name brand-new experiences of the creepiest pulp hero of them all, the Purple Scar! Jim Beard, Jonathan Fisher, Gary Lovisi and Gene Moyers have all stirred the witches cauldron deep to brew up a
quartet of frightening trouble as just the Purple Scar can deliver. Include the perfectly monstrous art style of Richard Serrao, Shannon Hall’s incredible cover coloring and Rob Davis’s creepy design theme and you have a brand-new type of pulp thriller unlike anything ever seen. Be careful the shadows and dark alleys, the black felines and dancing skeletons as Airship 27 whips up a genuine Technique or Treat pulp chiller. AIRSHIP 27 PRODUCTIONS– PULP FICTION FOR A NEW GENERATION! SO Asian Position < img alt= "the avengers" src =" https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3955/15546728017_e01c2a80ed.jpg "width=" 400"/ > Image by< a href=" http://www.flickr.com/photos/12665318@N07/15546728017" > RyC- Behind The Lens #asianpose