by gordontarpley There’s a Grand
Canyon tour for everyone. Pass helicopter, airplane, or SUV. The most economical, however, is motor coach. Nevertheless, prior to you reserve a bus tour, here are seven things you need to think about:
1. Choose a rim to check out. There’s two: The West Rim, which is 120 miles (2.5 hours) from Las Vegas, and the South Rim, which is 277 miles away (5.5 hours).
2. Grand Canyon bus tours are full-day trips. Journeys to the West Rim run about 9.5 hours. Anticipate to spend 15.5 hours (a full day) on South Rim trips. All bus trips leave early in the early morning around 7 a.m.
3. The West Rim has the best tourist attractions. It’s the home of the Grand Canyon Skywalk, a glass bridge that suspends you 4,000 feet above the Colorado River, and the Indian Town, an impressive re-creation of a small Hualapai neighborhood.
4. For the best views, go to the South Rim. The bulk of images used for postcards and calendars were taken here. Mather Point, Bright Angel, and Yaki Point are simply a few of the most well-known lookouts.
5. Add in a helicopter flight. The West Rim is the only location where you can fly below the rim and land at the base. The South Rim hosts the Dragoon Passage, the best, inmost part of the National Park. These are unbelievable chances. I highly recommend you do them.
6. Dress appropriately. Weather at the Grand Canyon is unforeseeable. Throughout the summer season, pack lots of water and sun block. Use a hat, preferably with a brim, and loose-fitting clothing. Winter is cold. Gown yourself in layers. Snow’s a possibility at this time. The Park is open 365 days a year.
7. Reserve your seats over the Internet. Trip operators provide their finest offers on their site. Utilizing travel agents, third-party brokers, and # 800 numbers will cost you more.
West Rim and South Rim tours start at $ 95 and $ 80, respectively. If you upgrade your West Rim trip to include the Skywalk, anticipate to pay around $ 135 per individual. Including a helicopter descent and pontoon boat trip down the Colorado River is simply $ 200 per person. The South Rim offers a helicopter upgrade that costs $ 190 per person. These upgrades, in my viewpoint, should have severe factor to consider. Here’s why:
A. No place in the Grand Canyon except in the West Rim can you arrive on the bottom. This is an additional unique chance that should not be missed out on.
B. The world-famous Grand Canyon Skywalk is one of Vegas’ most popular outdoor tourist attractions. Each year, more than 200,000 people walk its glass bridge 70 feet past the rim’s edge.
C. The South Rim helicopter tour lets you see in 30 minutes what would take a number of days on the ground. It’s the only way to experience the Canyon to the max.
Bus trips depart day-to-day including all significant holidays. Packages include hotel choose up and drop off, a light lunch, and an image stop at Hoover Dam. Trips are conducted aboard luxury motor coaches that are decked out with plush seats, climate-controlled cabins, and on-board washrooms. You’ll discover sufficient rest stops for smokers and folks who desire to extend their legs. These are full-day trips.
Las Vegas is a terrific location to take a canyon bus tour. Prior to you pick your journey supplier, choose which rim you wish to check out. The West Rim is 2.5 hours from Vegas while the South Rim is 5.5 hours. Next, figure out whether you want destinations like the Skywalk or lookouts like Mather Point. Then hop aboard your luxury bus, settle into your seat, and let the great times roll.
Not all canyon bus trips are developed equivalent. Read Keith Kravitz’ Grand Canyon bus trip reviews initially prior to reserving your journey.
Related Luke Skywalker Articles