Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate

A few nice assassins creed images I found:

Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate
assassins creed
Image by Vlad [T]
UHD game shot originally in 5160×2160 resolution, some cropped for better viewing.
Купил новую жакетку, вот меряем и бегаем по крышам как Карлсон.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood k (40)
assassins creed
Image by Crystal Quark
anaglyph game wallpaper

Nice Assassins Creed photos

Check out these assassins creed images:

Basilica di Santa Croce
assassins creed
Image by Rodrigo_Soldon
La basilica di Santa Croce, nell’omonima piazza a Firenze, è una delle più grandi chiese officiate dai francescani e una delle massime realizzazioni del gotico in Italia. È nota come Tempio dell’Itale glorie per le numerose sepolture di sommi artisti, letterati e scienziati che racchiude. La definizione risale al poema Dei Sepolcri di Ugo Foscolo in un passo in cui l’autore definisce Firenze:
Santa Croce è un simbolo prestigioso di Firenze, il luogo di incontro dei più grandi artisti, teologi, religiosi, letterati, umanisti e politici, che determinarono, nella buona e cattiva sorte, l’identità della città tardo-medievale e rinascimentale. Al suo interno trovarono ospitalità celebri personaggi della storia della Chiesa come san Bonaventura, Pietro di Giovanni Olivi, sant’Antonio da Padova, san Bernardino da Siena, san Ludovico d’Angiò. Fu anche luogo d’accoglienza per pontefici come Sisto IV, Eugenio IV, Leone X, Clemente XIV.

Nei suoi archivi sono custodite testimonianze che ci tramandano la costruzione quotidiana, nel corso dei secoli, di un grande progetto architettonico, artistico e di fede.

La grandiosa basilica è probabilmente opera di Arnolfo di Cambio, che vi avrebbe lavorato a partire dal 1294-1295, anche se non abbiamo documenti scritti che lo confermino. La critica però ha confermato ormai l’attribuzione tradizionale, sia per l’elevato livello qualitativo del complesso, sia per le analogie con altre opere del grande architetto. Fu edificata a spese della popolazione della Repubblica fiorentina e sorse su una precedente piccola chiesetta che i francescani avevano costruito in seguito al loro arrivo in città nel 1252, in un luogo ancora fuori dalle mura, a pochi anni dalla morte di san Francesco d’Assisi. I resti dell’antico edificio sono stati localizzati nel 1966, a seguito del cedimento del pavimento della basilica dopo l’alluvione. Alla morte di Arnolfo nel 1302 doveva essere completata la parte del coro e del transetto, con le cappelle. La chiesa venne terminata circa 90 anni dopo, attorno al 1385, ma fu consacrata solo nel 1443 in occasione della presenza in città di papa Eugenio IV.
La basilica ha continuato ad essere arricchita e modificata nei sette secoli dalla sua fondazione, acquisendo sempre nuovi connotati simbolici: da chiesa francescana a "municipio" religioso per le grandi famiglie e le corporazioni, da laboratorio e bottega artistica a centro teologico, da "pantheon" delle glorie italiane a luogo di riferimento della storia politica dell’Italia pre e post-unitaria. Alcune trasformazioni infatti furono conseguenza di precise vicissitudini storiche e politiche, come le trasformazioni compiute dal Vasari alla metà del XVI secolo (causate anche dai restauri dopo una disastrosa alluvione) o l’impegno profuso nell’Ottocento per trasformare Santa Croce nel grande mausoleo della storia italiana.

Nel 1966 l’alluvione di Firenze inflisse gravissimi danni al complesso della basilica e del convento, situati nella parte più bassa di Firenze, tanto da diventare tristemente nota come simbolo delle perdite artistiche subite dalla città (soprattutto con la distruzione del Crocifisso di Cimabue), ma anche della sua rinascita dal fango, attraverso la capillare opera di restauro e di conservazione.
_____________________

A Basílica de Santa Cruz, ou Basilica di Santa Croce é a principal igreja franciscana em Florença, na Itália, e uma das principais basílicas da Igreja Católica no mundo. Está situada na Piazza di Santa Croce, a lesta da Santa Maria del Fiore. É o lugar onde estão enterrados alguns dos mais ilustres italianos, tais como Michelângelo, Galileo Galilei, Maquiavel e Rossini, e assim é apelidada de Panteão das Glórias Italianas.

A lenda diz que a igreja foi fundada pelo próprio São Francisco de Assis. A atual igreja foi iniciada em 1294, possivelmente por Arnolfo di Cambio e foi bancada por algumas das famílias mais ricas da cidade. Foi consagrada em 1442 pelo Papa Eugênio IV. A vasta estrutura é a maior igreja franciscana do mundo. Suas características mais marcantes são as 16 capelas, muitas delas decoradas com afrescos de Giotto e seus alunos e os monumentos funerários. O campanário foi construído em 1842.

No Primo Chiostro, o principal claustro, encontra-se a Capela Pazzi, construída como uma sala capitular entre 1442 e 1446 e finalmente completada em 1470. Filippo Brunelleschi esteve envolvido em seu projeto.

O Museo dell’Opera di Santa Croce está localizado basicamente no refeitório, fora do claustro. Um monumento a Florence Nightingale está no claustro, na cidade onde ela nasceu e da qual recebeu o nome.

Hoje, o antigo dormitório dos Frades Franciscanos abriga a Scuola del Cuoio (Escola do Couro). Os visitantes podem ver os artesãos criando carteiras, bolsas e outros objetos que são vendidos na loja adjacente.
____________________

The Basilica di Santa Croce (Basilica of the Holy Cross) is the principal Franciscan church in Florence, Italy, and a minor basilica of the Roman Catholic Church. It is situated on the Piazza di Santa Croce, about 800 metres south east of the Duomo. The site, when first chosen, was in marshland outside the city walls. It is the burial place of some of the most illustrious Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, Foscolo, Gentile and Rossini, thus it is known also as the Temple of the Italian Glories (Tempio dell’Itale Glorie).

The Basilica is the largest Franciscan church in the world. Its most notable features are its sixteen chapels, many of them decorated with frescoes by Giotto and his pupils, and its tombs and cenotaphs. Legend says that Santa Croce was founded by St Francis himself. The construction of the current church, to replace an older building, was begun on 12 May 1294[1], possibly by Arnolfo di Cambio, and paid for by some of the city’s wealthiest families. It was consecrated in 1442 by Pope Eugene IV. The building’s design reflects the austere approach of the Franciscans. The floorplan is an Egyptian or Tau cross (a symbol of St Francis), 115 metres in length with a nave and two aisles separated by lines of octagonal columns. To the south of the church was a convent, some of whose buildings remain.

In the Primo Chiostro, the main cloister, there is the Cappella dei Pazzi, built as the chapter house, completed in the 1470s. Filippo Brunelleschi (who had designed and executed the dome of the Duomo) was involved in its design which has remained rigorously simple and unadorned.

In 1560, the choir screen was removed as part of changes arising from the Counter-Reformation and the interior rebuilt by Giorgio Vasari. As a result, there was damage to the church’s decoration and most of the altars previously located on the screen were lost.

The campanile was built in 1842, replacing an earlier one damaged by lightning. The neo-Gothic marble façade, by Nicolò Matas, dates from 1857-1863.

A Jewish architect Niccolo Matas from Ancona, designed the church’s 19th century neo-Gothic facade, working a prominent Star of David into the composition. Matas had wanted to be buried with his peers but because he was Jewish, he was buried under the porch and not within the walls.

In 1866, the complex became public property, as a part of government suppression of most religious houses, following the wars that gained Italian independence and unity.[2] [3]

The Museo dell’Opera di Santa Croce is housed mainly in the refectory, also off the cloister. A monument to Florence Nightingale stands in the cloister, in the city in which she was born and after which she was named. Brunelleschi also built the inner cloister, completed in 1453.

In 1966, the Arno River flooded much of Florence, including Santa Croce. The water entered the church bringing mud, pollution and heating oil. The damage to buildings and art treasures was severe, taking several decades to repair.

Today the former dormitory of the Franciscan Friars houses the Scuola del Cuoio (Leather School)[1]. Visitors can watch as artisans craft purses, wallets, and other leather goods which are sold in the adjacent shop.

It is briefly featured in the video game Assassin’s Creed II, as Ezio Auditore da Firenze makes his first prominent kill in its courtyard during an exhibition of Verrochio’s artwork.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood c (33)
assassins creed
Image by Crystal Quark
anaglyph game wallpaper

Nice Assassins Creed photos

A few nice assassins creed images I found:

Dancers | Paris Games Week 2012 | ESWC
assassins creed
Image by James Cao | Studiosushi™
Paris Games Week 2012: ESWC Pro Gaming Circuit, Babes, Booths & More. Photo/Video Credits: James Cao (Studiosushi™). Read More: www.studiosushi.com | www.flickr.com/photos/studiosushi/sets

Assassins Creed Guy
assassins creed
Image by Raelene G
220608 – Supanova @ Homebush

Nice Assassins Creed photos

Check out these assassins creed images:

Shooting Nocturne – Assassin’s Creed – Louvres – Paris – 2011-10-01- P1260008
assassins creed
Image by styeb
Shooting Nocturne – Assassin’s Creed – Louvres – Paris – 2011-10-01- P1260008.jpg

Assassins Creed Brotherhood d (7)
assassins creed
Image by Crystal Quark
anaglyph game wallpaper

Assassins Creed Brotherhood d (8)
assassins creed
Image by Crystal Quark
anaglyph game wallpaper